Sunday, June 08, 2014

Hope

I found an answer to something I was questioned about 11 years ago.

I’ve always had a strong view of it, but this time I found an answer that shuts up the doubters. So much so, that I’ve decided to come and write about it.

It’s the question that our stand-in PE teacher asked. I’ve mentioned this here before, but here’s what he said, if the entire world is following 1+1 = 3, you should follow suit even though you knew it was wrong. It has always bothered me that he was very adamant.

I've always have a clear and strong stand on this, but I probably, finally, found the right answer to it.

Baseball. The steroid era.

There are these names - Mo, Jeter, Griffey Jr, Piazza, Chipper, Biggio, Big Hurt, Ripken, Bagwell, Pudge, Pedro, Maddux, Glavine. Guys who stoodby 1+1 = 2 when everyone else was saying 1+1=3.

Ten twenty years since, Cooperstown, Hall of Fame.

Just like what Professor X told Charles – Hope. 

0 意見: