Friday, July 31, 2009

life and death

I went to Beijing last April, for a week. Pleasure. Come to think of it, its like Beijing lived those 8 days for me to see it, and it doesn't exist any other time. Ridiculous i know, but thats the feeling.


This evening, a friend broke the news to me, Sir Bobby passed away. My initial thought was best summed by Sir Bobby's own words -


"If you're a painter, you don't get rich until you're dead. The same happens with managers. You're never appreciated until you're gone, and then people say: 'Oh, he was OK'. Just like Picasso."




On my part, ex Toon Chairman Freddy Shepherd was once rumoured to be taking over at my club Leeds. But then we didn;'t want him, remembering his policies in Newcastle. Then when the Toon was relegated last season, I had this funny thought that since Keegan's departure, Newcastle had their best years under Shepherd and Bobby Robson.


2 days ago, a smiliar news came out, Deng Xiao Ping's wife Ms Zhuo Lin died in Beijing. I didn;t know him before, but she's the woman who took care of everything for the legendary Deng Xiao Ping, hats off lads.
Finally, to Ms Zhuo Lin the revolutionist, and Sir Bobby the Ipswich FA Cup winning manager, World Cup Semifinalists, the man who discovered Ronaldo, RIP.

1 意見:

K-Wei said...

"If you're a painter, you don't get rich until you're dead. The same happens with managers. You're never appreciated until you're gone, and then people say: 'Oh, he was OK'. Just like Picasso."

I like that quote..yeah, i think it applies to everyone too..not to mention entertainers like MJ, Yasmin Ahmad too..we would only take more notice bout them when they suddenly passed away =(